- Charli joined her first band in the school playground when she was seven, and wrote her first album aged 14.
- The singer hails from Hertfordshire and is now a decrepit old woman, aged 19.
- Her first gig was in a peanut factory.
- Her real name is Charlotte Aitchison, but the meaning of her stage name is shrouded in mystery.
- "Charli XCX sort of means everything," she told Idol magazine, unhelpfully. "It doesn't stand for any word per se. I tried to make it stand for 'Xrated Cunt Xrated' but the label wouldn’t let me."
- She has been recording with Patrik Berger, who produced Lana Del Rey’s Off To The Races and Robyn’s Dancing On My Own. Which officially makes him a god.
- "Dark pop is the best way to describe my music, probably," she says. Have confidence in your opinions, Charli, even if they are wrong opinions.
- She "wishes she could rap" but ends up sounding more like a lady Neil Tenant. A Tenant Lady, if you like.
- "I think I'm at my strongest when I'm writing about super, crazy love or depressed and how I got fucked over by love," she sensationally revealed to Interview Magazine.
- One interviewer asked Charli how she gets ready for a gig. She replied: "Sometimes, I'll do a warm up, like some star jumps and shit, but usually I just go for it." We can confirm the importance of clearing your poo passage before a pop performance. Handy hint: A cup of coffee helps relax the muscles.
- Charli toured the US earlier this year in a Scooby Doo van
- Geri Halliwell (yes, this Geri Halliwell) once asked Charli what was more important: Making money or being cool. Charli said "I like both." Correct answer.
You're The One is out in the US now and the UK on 19 August. Which seems like an awfully long time away.